On April 8, 2012, we docked in Constanta. It was a very cloudy morning as we set out on our tour. Our first stop was the “Casino” built in 1910, a once grand building in Art Nouveau Architecture. It was in need of repair as it was abandoned by the Russians when they left Romania, taking anything of value with them. The next stop was the Archaeology Museum with its’ collection of Grecian and Roman Art.
Leaving the museum we then went to the Popular Art Museum which had various costumes and art on display. This museum prepared us for our lunch stop which was a folkloric show “Zamfira’s Wedding Show” portraying a typical Romanian Wedding. On the way back to the ship we passed over a canal that help supply the USSR interior. It now like the huge port of Constanta lies mostly unused.